Saturday, September 12, 2015

Eatmore

I think I'm one of the few people I know who likes Eatmore bars. My friend Kirsten made these for me, of course I ate too many and had to get the recipe. It comes from the Whitewater cooks series.

1 cup golden syrup (I used honey)
2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup smooth organic peanut butter
2 cups rice crisp cereal or rolled oats (I used a bit of both)
2 cups unsalted raw peanuts
1/2 tsp salt

Toast peanuts and chop them. Set aside. 

Place corn syrup, chocolate chips and peanut butter in a saucepan and melt together in low heat, stirring often, until melted and mixed well. Transfer to a large bowl. 

Add rice cereal/oats, peanuts and salt to the chocolate mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. 

Press into a greased 9x13 pan. Cool completely and cut into bars. 

Makes about 32.