Wednesday, August 19, 2009

if you were stranded....

I started pregnancy with a relatively normal first trimester. I haven't really experienced morning sickness, more like evening nausea...curled up on the couch, wishing the light at the end of the tunnel would come, sort of nausea. This is why there has been a lag between posts. My desire for food has definitely changed.

Meat, yuck. Fish, yuck. Salad, yuck. Bread, YUM!

I get my veggies from soups, which I find I can tolerate ok. But my all time favourite get-me-through-the-day food is the beautiful bagel. I like the bagel so much that it's my "if you were stranded on a deserted island and could only have one thing" item. One year in high school I had a bagel and cream cheese for lunch every day. True, ask my mom. And here I am, back to the good old standby. Lately my choice of bagel has been the wonderfully chewy, sesame crusted delights from Benny's Bagels in Vancouver. Toasted and topped with cucumber & dill cream cheese. Thanks to Mike for the accumulated mileage to purchase my lovely bagels - he's been busy as I had 3 bagels in one day a few weeks back! Yeah, but I'm eating for 2 right?!

This week, there is no recipe (cooking hasn't been my forte for about 17 weeks now!) so what I encourage you to do is find your deserted island food pick, or go back to your old favourite standby and enjoy it with all your lovely taste buds.