Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kale chips

This is a tasty snack, an easy snack, and a healthy snack. Baking the kale leaves turns them crispy and if you love a potato chip as much as I do then you should try these! Notice my bowl is a little empty....


1 bunch of kale
olive oil
salt

Preheat your oven to 375F. Remove the stems from the kale and tear the leaves into big pieces (it shrinks during cooking so don't make them too small). Wash and dry the kale - if you have a salad spinner it does a great job. Toss the kale leaves with a little olive oil, spread onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with a little salt. Bake for 15 minutes.

Presto....chips!

October 2010 - as a follow-up I had a friend make this recipe and ask if some of my chips were brown and some green. Yes, this is normal and it all tastes the same. I have discovered that if you wash your kale then dry it REALLY well or it will be a little soggy rather than crispy.